October 6, 2013

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow review and Swatches Part 1

Tonight I'm going to do a quick review of the 4 Makeup Geek eyeshadows I bought. I bought Purely Naked, crème Brule, Cocoa Bear and Latte. I totally believe that these shadows are just as good if not better than my Mac shades they're so smooth and really pigmented. I can't compare them to Urban Decay because I think that UD make the best shimmer shades available but I am ordering more MUG and some are shimmer so I compare them then. Lets be honest $5.99 for great quality, great customer service, made in the USA and Cruelty free I'm having a hard time finding a reason to note buy more MUG products.  
 
At first glance you'll see that all the shadows I bought are very warm in tone and that Purely Naked and Crème Brule are very similar really the only difference I see in them are that Purely Naked is just a touch lighter and has a light sparkle to it were Crème Brule is totally matte. I like this in my crease even though it has a little bit of a sparkle. It doesn't skip at all and blend like a dream.
 

 
 
 
Crème Brule is a warm mid tone caramel matte brown. For me its just a little bit to warm for a crease color but it is a great staple color. It would probably be a great crease color for someone darker than me I'm super pale.  
 

 
 
 

Cocoa Bear is a really red toned brown. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I bought this shadow but I am still trying to figure out my favorite way to use Cocoa Bear.
 

 
 

This next shadows I think might become one of my all time favorites. Its a great darker crease color kind of like Urban Decay Buck or Lorac Taupe but maybe a little bit more red. I love this color under my eyes to really define it.

 
 
 
Here are some swatches from left to right: Purely Naked, Crème Brule, Latte and Cocoa Bear.
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment